September 15, 2014

Hit the Snooze with Me a Minute

Day 2 of my week in photos: Monday

I kind of hate mornings.  I am a snooze-button-hitter.  And most days of the week the bed just doesn't get made. It's about to get real up in here.  FYI.
Yes our walls are lime green.  Nope.  Don't know why, Don't like it.  Hope to get it painted in the next month or so.

Confession #1: We aren't morning people.  In case you didn't get that already.  We get up approximately 45-30 minutes before we have to be in the car leaving.  Sometimes we just take our egg and toast breakfast with us.  The bear is usually stellar about taking care of his plate and things, but this morning, we were all still tired and so there it sat until our return home from school. 

Confession #2: School is crazy for me on Mondays.  I'm printing off the queue of activities I've worked on during the weekend, prepping for all three of my classes plus homeroom and trying to get ready for the week.  I took zero pictures at school today.  

Stopped at the fruit stand on the way home today and grabbed 5 bananas.  O ate one on the way. 
Brought home some papers to grade.  They may or may not still be sitting in this exact spot. 

But that's only because I couldn't just let this pile of dishes sit there.  I can't stand a messy kitchen.  Had to put them away. 

While doing so I heard a "thunk, thunk. thunk" coming from the yard.  Looked up to see Frank attacking the termite mound that keeps reappearing under one of our mango trees. 

Putting away the dishes reminded me that we need a trip to the market.  So I made a list. (as I re-read that it made me think of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" - random side note)

After O woke up from his nap we got a skype date with this lovely lady. 
She's making a silly face because Owen was too.  Or at least that's the story I'll go with.  It's for my own safety. 

For the first time in I-don't-know-when O played nicely all by himself while I made dinner.  He's been super attached to us lately (understandable with all the change in the past few months) so this was a big leap for him!  And SUCH a nice break from having him swarming the kitchen. 
Dinner was pizza from scratch and hubby and I shared a pineapple fanta.  It was delish. 
After dinner bear rode around some more. 

He's completely attached to this bike.  He wakes up in the morning and rides it out to the table for breakfast.  Best $30 we've ever spent.  We call it his 'inside bike' because it only stays inside, it'd get torn up if we let him take it outside.  Benefit to growing up in Africa with concrete floors - you get to ride your bike inside all day. 

And then Owen went to bed and Bill went to basketball and then this happened.  
...
I've had a bit of a sweet tooth the past couple days.  Mmmmmm brownies. 


Stay tuned for tomorrow's post - a Typical Tuesday.... hopefully I'll be better about pictures at school. 








No comments:

Post a Comment