January 17, 2011

twenty-seven six two fourteen

Significant numbers on this the 17th day of January....

Twenty-Seven: the number of weeks I am pregnant
 
Six: How many months along I am (funny that it landed on the same day my weeks change!)

And this is the funny face I made at my husband working my camera :)

Two: How many pounds our little boy (probably) weighs right now.
 
Fourteen: How many inches long baby boy (most likely) is right now. (Crazy!!)


I can't believe that in only 3 short months we'll be holding our little one in our arms!  We're so excited to meet him in person!  Pregnancy has been going pretty well these past few months.  The nausea subsided around 4 months, and I've re-gained the ability to eat most foods.  Some things still gross me out and look completely inedible, but it doesn't make me nauseous anymore, so that's nice.  
My cravings have changed a bit - I was only craving all things salty - but it has changed to include sweet - brownies are my nemesis right now.   I could probably eat a whole pan by myself if my stomach wasn't the size of a lima bean - I feel like it's that small anyway.  I take about 5 or 6 bites and feel full these days. 
I have definitely started to feel pregnant.  I've reached the point where it's not easy to sit/down stand up from soft, comfy places, can't bend over to tie my shoes from standing up, that sort of thing.  Sleep has become a luxury as well.  Most nights I start out in a complete upright position with pillows all around me to hold me up and support me.  But by about 4:30 or so I get tired of that and lay on my side, still with pillows all around for support.  By about 5:15 my hip I'm laying on is on fire from laying on it so I roll over to the other side.  By the time that hip catches on fire, it's time to get up for work. :)  Other than that I'm not really uncomfortable.  There are definitely moments - where I can feel my belly stretching or when I can feel him jab me in the ribs or get a cramp in a weird muscle I never knew existed - but all in all my body is proving to handle pregnancy quite well.
The baby's room is still at a stand-still at this point.  Would you believe it's not exactly easy to find lime green curtains?  Yea, we have to order them online and hope the color is true to the description.  So the walls are painted, the crib is up, next come the curtains and the wall art (which I will be painting).  Then we'll be pretty close.  I'm not in panic-nesting mode.  Not yet.  
So that's it I suppose, a quick - er- not-so-quick- little baby update for you. :)

Oh, and one more thing - for those of you that don't know, we have chosen a name for the little munchkin, but are are keeping it a secret until he decides to come into this world!  Just for fun.  Well, fun for us anyway :)

3 comments:

  1. aww you look so cute preggo lady!!! Can't wait to see your little man!! ((They're the best!)) ;) you look GREAT!!!!
    Oh and I have lime green curtains!!! well, they're supposed to be sage.. but.. yeah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Bonnie1/18/2011

    Pregnancy is an advanture for sure and at the end of it, you are ready to go thru anything to get the load off. When you hold that new miracle and a miracle he will be, you forget alot of the nine months. Then there will be the times when he gets his days and nights mixed up and you wish he was back in your belly or when he is sick and you are walking the floors with him. You will be foolish enough after a few years and you will have forgot all the things you went thru in the nine months of pregnancy to decide to do it all over again at least one more time. No matter what thru their life they are worth all of their ups and downs. You will always be a Mother from now on. If done right, it is worth every moment and you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor when you become a grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda you look beautiful! You have that "glow" on. I am so happy for you guys and surly do wish I could be there. With my Surgery next week, I am going to be laid up for quite a while and then back to the surgery table to remove cataracts and "install new lenses so I can see good again. You can bet that with The Good Lords help I will make it down there as soon as He tells me it is ok to travel. He being God. I miss you and love you so much. Please kiss that little one for me (please let Bill do it because I know you are not a contorsionist.
    Love to all of you and God Bless,
    Dad Bradford

    ReplyDelete