March 13, 2012

Towers and Tongues

As I wrote the title I realized that it could easily be construed that this was a post about the Tower of Babel and people speaking in tongues.  Don't worry.  It's not.  :)
This is merely about Owen's latest infatuations: towers, and tongues.
Or rather, knocking towers down.
Owen can be anywhere in the room, and if he sees you building a tower or a tower that has been built he will crawl as fast as his little rear end can crawl giggling and often growling the whole way just to knock it over.





 
And once he's knocked it down he'll sit there waiting for you to build a new one.
 How could you resist that face?  So I try to build a new one.  But he gets so excited that as soon as I set one block up he knocks it over.  Sometimes I get two up.  Most of the time I have to distract him with something to build a real tower for him to knock over.
"C'mon momma, can you build it just one more time?"  :)

And now about the tongues.  The other day I was sitting on the floor playing with him and he was making motorboat sounds, so I started making the tongue-clicking sound and he got all interested.  So I showed him my tongue and you would have thought it was the coolest thing in the world.  He stopped what he was doing, sat really really still right in front of me and slowly (as if he were about to touch a vicious animal) reached out to touch it.  So I thought, "why not? he needs to explore new things."  So I let him touch my tongue, and he thought it was the coolest, funniest weirdest thing.  So now if you stick your tongue out he'll try and touch it.  But he goes at it like one would go at... say a manta ray - you want to touch it because you know it's a cool experience and it feels neat, but you don't wanna touch it because you're a little afraid something might happen, but you wanna touch it because I mean, - it's a ray, but what if it does something... you know?  That's how he goes about touching tongues. :) I caught him on camera doing it with Bill the other day:


 
Whew, I think that makes me all caught up in the blogging of all the new things Owen's been doing lately. I'm sure there'll be more soon - the boy just keeps growing and learning new things every minute!  I'm so thankful I get to stay home and see it all happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment