August 08, 2011

I just can't HIDE it!!!

... I'm SO excited! 
We're going on our first vacation as a family of three!  We've decided it was time we get the heck outta dodge!  It's been SOOOooooo long since we've gotten away - since we first found out I was pregnant... TOO long!  We're bustin' at the seams to get out of the city and get away from the distractions of life and work and get some high quality family time.  So we're taking a little mini-vacation to the mountains - just the three of us! 
I found this little cabin for super duper cheap (you wouldn't believe me if I told you)...
 
It's a one bedroom real-log cabin with a full kitchen and all the amenities of home in the quaint little town of Todd, NC... about 20-30 minutes north of Boone, NC.   It sits on a 24 acre lot with plenty of room for exploring nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains - with a view like this:
There's a trail behind the cabin that leads to the top of the mountain... a fire pit for s'mores, a charcoal grill, a babbling brooke runs through the property... :::sigh:::.  *love*

So I'm pretty dang excited about this!  So ready to get away and reconnect as a family with each other and with God.  We're not planning anything, aside from an excursion to Grandfather Mountain on our way home, and it will be so nice to just relax and get away for a while.  I'm so excited for Owen's first trip to the mountains!  Stay tuned... pictures to come after the trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment