January 12, 2012

Latest Developments in My Head

I'll just call this post a mash-up - it's part 'this-is-what-I'm-thinking-stream-of-consciousness' post and part 'what-Owen-has-been-doing-lately' post :)

The past three mornings I've woken up with Freedom House Church original worship songs going through my head.  I kind of love that.  Today: "You're my greater than anything King... holy, extraordinarily wonderful King."  Can't help but repeat that over and over again as I pray for resolution with this car situation we've been going through lately.  Not ready to post details about it yet, but I will say (for any of you that'd like to pray along with us) we're praying for a miraculous gift of a free (reliable) car from someone so we can get out of the situation that has come upon us as of late.

I feel bad I haven't posted lately, sheesh, I haven't even taken photos off my camera of Owen since the New Year... I feel like I've been so busy lately, between work, being a mom, getting used to having a roommate again, and kicking off all the fundraising we've been doing for Africa.
I'm pretty flippin' exited about Africa.  I know God is going to do great things.  I know he's called all three of us to go in June.  I know He'll get us there.  But looking at the numbers still scares me. Just a teeny, tiny, bit.  We're praying for lots of generous, spontaneous gifts to help us meet our goal of $6600. (Shameless Plug: If you'd like to make a tax deductible* donation, checks can be made out to Benham Foundation (write our names in the memo line) and sent to 5630 Fetzer Avenue, Concord, NC 28027)  We're excited about all the fundraising stuff though - the first is this Friday night - Parents' Night out, we babysit for three hours for donations toward our trip.

I'm heading out today to pick up copies from Office Max then go hunting for business sponsorships too.  I'm really hoping a lot of businesses get on board and sponsor, I think it's so cool when we get community involvement.

I hope Owen does okay going in and out of a bajillion places.  He doesn't exactly love getting in and out of his car seat a bunch.  Hm.  We'll see.
Speaking of Owen, when he woke up this morning at 4am (as usual, for his early morning snack) I went in to find him sitting up in his crib. AH!  He made his way from laying down to sitting up about... ummmm three days ago, right in front of our very eyes.  But.  He was mad about laying down so we figured his adrenaline helped him figure out how to do it...  and we hadn't seen it since.  Guess it's time to lower the crib mattress!

Still no word on the crawling/walking front.  He scoots around on his butt or rolls around to get where he wants.  He loves pulling himself up onto his knees using the furniture, but can't quite get to his feet yet.  He wants to move soooo bad. I can see it in his big blue eyes and I really look forward to the day that he finally gets it and I get to see the look of accomplishment on his face and praise him and get all excited for him. 

Speaking of Owen - wait I already said that - um, he just woke up from his nap. 

This post will have to be "to be Continued... "



*Benham Foundation, Inc., is recognized as tax exempt by the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). As such, it is qualified to accept tax-deductible contributions. Your contribution will pay the cost of sending a missionary to a mission field. Please make your check payable to Benham Foundation. All contributions are non-refundable. You may suggest a specific missionary you would like to help by noting their name in the memo line of the check.  In all cases, Benham Foundation will use your contribution to further its missions programs. You may not designate your gift for a specific missionary's personal use. If you want to assist a particular missionary, Benham Foundation suggests that you pay that missionary directly. Of course, payments to individuals to not qualify for tax deductions. Excess donations made towards an individual's trip cannot be given to that person, but can be applied to trip outreaches and ministry uses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment