October 09, 2010

it's been a while...

Well, a couple of weeks ago we flew out to Phoenix to see my mom - to give her the news!  I'm her only child, so we decided we wanted to tell her in person.  All the other parents already have grandkids and, not that they wouldn't be excited for us and stuff, but we just can't travel everywhere so we decided to tell mom, since she's never had the 'news' given to her and won't ever unless it comes from me! :) 
So now that we've told mom, 'mum's not the word anymore. :)  If/when people inquire, we tell them.  That's also when I started publishing my old posts that I had written on here.
So I am now 13 weeks and feeling pretty... well, nauseated and tired to be honest.  The food aversion thing hasn't gone away - it's actually gotten worse.  While we were in Phoenix I was still okay with red meat, but the last day there we had some burgers off the grill - and - well - let's just say now all meat is out of the question.  There still aren't very many foods I can stomach - even Ramen makes me gag a little.  Chicken soup is okay, but I kinda have to force it down.  Cereal is still fine, but getting old.  Poptarts used to be my saving grace snack but I'm so over them.  Trader Joe's fruit bars used to be that for me too... not so much anymore.  For snacks I do 'Nila wafers, bananas or an apple - though apples don't fill me up at all, they make me hungrier.  For meals, I do cereal, waffles, pancakes, french toast, baked potato, frozen french fries... that's about it. (Not all at once of course!)  Tonight I had a bowl of baked beans.  I know.  That's not a meal, but man, breakfast get's old!  Plus, I gotta get some protein somehow.  They weren't even that good.  So this food thing is pretty much a drag.  Mostly because I have to eat every two hours to avoid getting seriously nauseous and finding food I can stomach every two hours is getting harder and harder.  I'm nauseous almost all the time, but when I don't eat it gets really bad.
The tiredness hasn't lagged off yet either.  My wall is about 1:30-2:00.  Every afternoon I feel like I could fall asleep standing up right around then. 
I'm growing too... I'm actually starting to look pregnant now - according to my friend and neighbor anyway.  I can still wear my clothes but when I sit down it's pretty uncomfortable, so as soon as I get home the PJ pants come on. :)
Speaking of PJ's... it's late and I'm tired.  So sianara for now friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment