September 11, 2010

September 2

Today we went to the doc. for our first ultrasound!  The ultrasound tech was really a sweet lady, she was very nice and had a good sense of humor.  She tried it the 'regular' way, but the baby is still too far back so we had to do the internal ultrasound instead.  It was so incredible to see my little bean up on that screen!  The look on Bill's face was priceless, indescribable.  He actually saw the heartbeat before I did, because he saw it on the tech's screen before the TV kicked on for me to see it.  It's so crazy to think that our little baby is literally the size of a kidney bean, but it has a heartbeat beating 167 bpms, it's elbows and wrists are forming and can bend, it's got eyelids... crazy!  I don't know how anyone could NOT believe in God when it comes to creaking new life like this.  The tech was really sweet, we got to see a lot of different angles and images of the baby while she was taking her measurements and tracking the heartbeat.  Our little bean is only 1/8 of an inch long and has a heart beating nice and smooth at 167 bpms - I can't get over it!  So it turns out, according to the ultrasound, that I'm 7 weeks 4 days today.  Which means on Monday I'll be 8 weeks.  Our due date, again according to the ultrasound measurements, will be April 17th, 2011. 
Seeing the baby and the heartbeat today really made everything real.  Especially since I haven't had many typical symptoms of pregnancy yet.  I do have a new one to add to the exhaustion and frequent bathroom trips - food.  I've found out that I do crave - anything salty.  I have no desire for sweets at all, but I definitely ate four pickles the other day.  Pickles, pasta, funyuns, pringles... yum.  I do feel like I eat all day long.  I get hungry every few hours, but I can never eat a huge meal.  I eat really small portions and frequently throughout the day.  I'm still eating pretty normal - cereal for breakfast, leftovers for lunch, pasta for dinner usually.  We made steak the other day and that was yummy, but it's usually pasta or chicken or both, once in a while we have pizza.  I love that I can still eat 'normally' even though it's smaller portions.
 So that's that.  I'm loving this journey we're on!  I guess I should leave you with this!
I know it doesn't look like much, but it's our lil' bean!  The head is downward, and the butt/legs are up in the air.  :)

1 comment:

  1. SOOO exciting!!! And it gets nothing but better!! Each time you see your baby you love him/her even more... Your love does nothing but grow and when you finally meet him/her.. man oh man! Nothin like it! Congrats again!! ((I think it's a girl!!))

    ReplyDelete