July 07, 2010

In my head...

I leave for Africa tomorrow.  Africa.  Crazy.  It's still surreal.  I'm all packed up.  Well, mostly.  Two carry-ons, two checked bags.  One of which is full of goodies for the kids in Ghana.  I'm pretty excited to give them the goodies.  It's going to be so much fun.  It's going to be hot.  I'll be wearing skirts for almost two weeks straight.  I think that's a record for me.  I'm gonna miss my husband. A lot.  I know that I'll be thinking, "Man, which he could see this," or, "Man, he'd LOVE this." 
I'm looking forward to what God's going to reveal to me on this trip.  I'm looking forward to writing/journalling.  Can't wait to get my camera focused on those sweet African faces.  So excited to meet Jeremiah and his family.  This is the beginning of a great new phase of my life.  I'm becoming a missionary.  What a blessing that God has handed over to ordinary me.  I wish our spouses could go.  But God made this team.  It's exactly as it should be.  I'm speechless.  Maybe as I lay in bed trying to fall asleep about as successfully as a 5 year old the night before Christmas I'll think of more to write.  But for now.  This is what's in my head. 
Now I'm gonna play some Mario with my hubby.  I sure do love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment