June 26, 2010

Dresses and Ruffles and Skirts... OH MY!


Yea, it's true.  I used to run from dresses and ruffles and skirts just like the famous trio ran from lions and tigers and bears.  USED to.  It is so.  I've turned a corner in my life.  I. Like. Dresses.  and skirts.  Scary huh?  Those of you that know me at all, know that seeing me in a dress means I'm headed to a wedding, but not so anymore. 
You see,  in Ghana women usually wear skits/dresses.  Not shorts.  And since it's 128,798 degrees there, I started hunting for some skirts for my trip.  Now, I wouldn't be shunned if I wore shorts there, it's just that it's a little more culturally acceptable to wear skirts/dresses... plus it's more comfortable.  Let's just say it's Mother Nature's way of giving us girls a little more... um.. air flow.. on the extra hot, humid days. 
So the first dresses I bought from the LOFT on clearance for $20 I fell in love with.  I love the LOFT, just so ya know - so that helped.  But these dresses were different.  They are soft, flow-y, cotton, comfortable!  It's crazy - I could actually be comfortable in a dress.  Not self-conscious.  Not restricted.  So then I was on a mission to find more dresses/skirts for Ghana... but I have a confession. I've been wearing them already.  Um. Almost every day.  They're just so comfortable!  To date, I've got 2 dresses and 3 skirts for Ghana.. and 1 dress just for here in the US... just because. :) 
So there you have it.  I've converted.  I. Like. Dresses.  And skirts. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/26/2010

    Hi Amanda. I've enjoyed reading your blog. Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. Above all, God is faithful. I look forward to keeping up with your progress.
    Darlene Easley

    ReplyDelete