May 29, 2010

HAY!

So the past few weeks I've been taking a slightly different route home from work and every day I pass this big, beautiful green field with a half dozen or so big round hay bales. 

Every time I've passed it I've thought, "Man, I really need to stop and photograph that," or, "Who can I bring here for pictures?"  Well finally, one day, it was just the last straw. (no pun intended! Hahaha, well, okay, maybe it was intended)  On the way home I decided to ask the family that is staying with us (while they're on leave from being missionaries in Thailand) if I could photograph them in said field.  Then when I got home I saw the car was gone.  I was crushed.  They weren't home.  It was the perfect lighting.  The perfect weather.  The perfect field.  And I had no subjects.  ::sigh::  Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in to see mom and the two boys playing... turns out dad took the car and went out for a while.  So we were adventurous with a three year old, a seven year old, a mom and my camera and I.  We parked on the other side of the tracks. 

Walked past a barb wire fence. 
Walked through the green field. 

And let the kids take the reins.  It was so much fun.  The three year old made it interesting when he didn't want to get down in the scratchy field grass... he clung to mom the whole time.
Until - that is- we got to the railroad tracks. 








He got down and didn't want to get off them!

It was so much fun and I'm glad I finally gave in to shooting at that location because I love the way they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment