October 30, 2011

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

Alternately titled: The Photo Session in Which We Learn Owen is Scared of Pumpkins (and so we have no actual pictures of him with pumpkins)

Yup.  I'm pretty sure he is anyway.  We headed to a local farm/pumpkin patch for a super quick family session just before Owen's 6 month birthday.  A good friend of ours ever-so-kindly offered to come and snag my camera from me so we could get some family shots... here are some of my favorites:
This is my absolute favorite shot!


 


It was all fun and games until I tried putting Owen in a big wooden wagon filled with little mini pumpkins and gourds.  His hands went up and he started shaking his fists and wrinkling his nose and squealing a little bit. Kind of like the picture below (which was taken on his actual 6mo. bday, after I set him in the grass barefoot for the first time)
He did the same thing when we tried sitting him next to a regular sized pumpkin... not sure why - I mean, his room has a huge orange wall, so it's not like he's scared of orange.  And we have a huge orange cat that he cracks up laughing at.  At any rate, maybe next year he'll like pumpkins.  For now, though, we'll settle for a wagon ride or two and a corn maze :)
 I love that she captured him laughing in these shots!


 
Oh - I almost forgot 'til I saw this shot - he was looking at one of those big, huge blow-up pumpkins here.  Obviously not as scared as he was about the real pumpkins.  Even though it had a ghost popping in and out of it.
:)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/30/2011

    Amanda and Billy, you guys have created such a beautiful family. I'm so very happy for yall. Owen is so sweet. Thank care. Nikki

    ReplyDelete