March 01, 2010

Not Me Monday!


Feeling guilty for eating chocolate teddy grahams, even though you're a grown adult? Or is the shame coming from the fact that you ate them in bed, in your pajamas and there they still sit on your nightstand? Well, I would NEVER do such a thing, and I'm sure you wouldn't either, but sometimes these things do happen and it's slightly theraputic to get it out - so join in the fun!

Here goes:

I most certainly have no signs of ADD and would never stop my husband mid-sentence in the middle of Target and say, "Teddy Grahams for a dollar!" and start briskly walking toward them, eying the patrons around me to be sure they didn't grab the last box of the chocolate ones. Only to turn around and see my husband holding a box of Wheatables asking, "Do you want the reduced fat kind or regular?" I'd never do that. We eat healthy, we snack healthy, and plus, Teddy Grahams are for kids - of which we have none. "Just grab the regular ones, honey."

I definitely did not wander around the Juniors section at Kohls the other day in hopes of finding something cute... only to walk over to the women's section in silent defeat that I just can't wear that stuff anymore.

I would never, ever stop at Wendy's for a frosty and fries while running errands on a Sunday afternoon. I would never consider that to be my lunch and I would not ever go while my husband was still breaking down the church because he loves Wendy's.. well he would if we ate there, but we don't eat there because we're being healthy.

I wouldn't be so ridiculous as to make a u-turn and head to Ikea just for a bottle brush, because I couldn't find one for the life of me at Super Target. There's no way I'd go to Ikea just for a stinkin' bottle brush. And there's no way I'd walk out of there with my stomach full of chicken fingers, over 100 candles and pot holders, plus our .99 bottle brush. And I definitely wouldn't blog about it - all the while realizing I should have looked in the baby section.

So what outsanding things have you, ahem, not done lately? Join in the fun! Hop on over to McMamma's blog to get the "Not me Monday" button!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this 'not me. And it's practically the law that you can't leave Ikea without a silly amount of candles AND at least 4 things you didn't plan to buy! X.

    ReplyDelete