November 17, 2011

Don't Poke Me With a Sharp Object

I'm bad at keeping secrets.  There.  I said it. 
Well. 
Wait.  Let me clarify. 
I'm good at keeping secrets, I'm actually very trustworthy when it comes to keeping things on the DL if a friend confides in me. 

What I'm horrible at is keeping news inside.  You know.  Like when we found out we were pregnant it was all I could do to stop myself from running down the street in my pajamas waving the stick that I just peed on in the air and shouting from the top of my lungs. 

Okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. 

Or like when I got hubby's birthday present (wireless headphones) a whole two weeks before his birthday and I had to just look at it sitting in Owen's closet all wrapped up and pretty while his old headphones were (literally) falling apart before my very eyes.  Two weeks, people.  It was torture.  Until I let him open it exactly two days before his actual birthday.  See.  I told you it was bad. 

So it's understandable that I'm having trouble keeping this exciting news inside.  It's killing me!  Okay.  Maybe not.  I do still have a pulse.  But seriously.  It's been... ummm exactly 3 or 4 weeks and I am bursting at the seams! (Not literally, I've actually lost all the baby weight... but that's besides the point).  It's just so flippin' exciting and I just want to run down the street screaming out to the world "$%(@)$%%(@)!{]\{";(&#!@#@#*%~`[}>/" (sorry, had to censor that).  Or like in the grocery stores when I'm checking out I want to be like, "Hey guess what?!  {]\@#^$*#&!$<*&%)>@)?\"  Or like when we're hanging out at Life Group, or 'meeting and greeting' before church or when I'm at work, or well... always. I always want to tell people! 

But I can't.  Not yet.  It has to stay a secret for a little while longer. 

So if you see me around, do me a favor.  Don't poke me with a sharp object.  Or I'm likely to spill it.  Or them.  You know.  The "Beans."


Ps.  If you think you know the beans, you can guess all you want.  I'm not gonna tell. 
Just in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment