May 03, 2014

Satan Sells Pepsi

I think that Satan must work for Pepsi
because as far as I can tell
he's the one
feeding me these
lies

from the depths of hell

lies that we should just give up
go back to our comfortable life
that he should work for Pepsi again
while I'm a stay-at-home-mom and wife

that it would be so much
easier
     simple
to just
go back
that it would feel better to
fill the holes
with things
I feel....
I lack.

that we could sink right back
into the life we led
with a house
a car
a soft, comfy bed

reliable power
clean water
straight from the sink
that will make
everything
better
it's what he wants me to think

but what he doesn't know
is that I'm stickin' to this place
because
God
is the one
that told us to come here
and I know about His grace

His grace to get us through
when our friends are out of reach
His provision to fill our cup until it overflows
though we
             volunteer
       to teach

His love to comfort us
when we feel alone
insufficient
lacking....
     in some way

and more importantly
His
POWER
to keep Satan
and his lies
at bay

Our God would not call us here
Our God would not put this
desire
    hope
       longing
            compassion
love
      for Africa
in our hearts
to only leave us high and dry
crumbling apart

He is our
Provider
our Restorer, our Rock and our Friend

He's our Father walking before us

We WILL not let Satan in.







No comments:

Post a Comment