March 24, 2011

I don't remember...

That may-or-may-not-be a phrase I've been using a little bit these days... they call it 'pregnancy brain' and when/if it doesn't go away... it's called 'mommy brain.'  Well, apparently, I've got it because:

I don't remember...
... what it's like to look down and see my feet.
... what it's like to button/zip up my pants.
... what it's like to put on shoes that aren't already tied.
... what it's like to bend at the waist.
... what it's like to be able to breath clearly
... what it's like to eat a full-sized adult meal.
... what it's like to come home from work and still have the energy to do things.
... what it's like to pick up a bag of groceries without feeling like I pulled a muscle.
... what it's like to have a lap.
... what it's like to get up from sitting in less than a minute.
... what it's like to only pee three times a day.
... what it's like to be able to reach my feet in the shower.
... what it's like to simply pick something up when I drop it, rather than contemplating the importance of the object, how long it could stay there and be okay or if someone is around to grab it for me.
... what it's like to sleep comfortably in my own bed.... with only 2 pillows (rather than 8).
... what it's like to hear my stomach growl from the normal position (now I hear it from behind my ribs)

... and there are so many more. 
 

I don't remember what it's like to NOT be pregnant.  And I'm kind of okay with that.  Being pregnant definitely has it's ups and downs, but I am growing a life inside of me!  A precious, sweet, life that is going to grow up to be an amazing little man that God has called to do great things.  How humbling that God would choose me (and Bill) to bring this little boy into the world and raise him up.  I love being pregnant, though it's hard at times - and that is something I won't soon forget.

1 comment:

  1. love your pics! there is just something so beautiful and pure about the prego belly. when is your due date? xoxo hannah

    ReplyDelete