January 01, 2010

A Break-Break and Renewed Sight

No, I'm not stuttering :) It's a mere reflection on what the past 10 days have been for me. A break. A REAL break. No hustling and bustling to get out of town. No deep cleaning or preparing for guests. Just. A. Break.

Man was it nice. It's coming to an end, and for the first time in a while I can say that I've had a relaxing, rejuvenating, sleeping-in, pajama-wearing, staying-up-late, doing whatever I want, BREAK. (Now if only I can get back on schedule to waking up at 5:30am...) :)

The Wednesday before Christmas was the first day of my break and I took full advantage. I slept until 9, wore Pajamas almost all day and had NO agenda. The rest of the break followed suit, though I did start working out again, cleaning house casually and getting things done. The best part of it all was doing it without an agenda.

There's just something about not having to be on a schedule that is so freeing. Wow. I would have never thought I'd [say] that.

All my time off of work has also allowed me to focus more on my husband - man he's amazing. I mean, yea, I'm partial, but c'mon. God rocks my face off with this man He chose for me! Seriously though, it helps me see that I need to remember what's important. Even when I'm working and busy and tired (which is usually the case) I've got to remember to make honoring, loving on, and talking to my husband a priority. I feel so much closer to him (even though he wasn't on vaca. at all) from this past 10 days of being off. There's just such a joy and peace in my heart about where we are in our lives, it's indescribable.

So what do you think? When's the last time you had a day without an agenda? When's the last time you intentionally focused on honoring, loving on or communicating with your spouse? How did it affect you?

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is I completely agree. Our 'day' was the Saturday after Christmas. It was great to just cuddle all day, read etc. without HAVING to do anything. I think alot of married people forget or don't take the time to work on their marriage- and it is work! Sometimes, it takes work to be patient or speak kindly, espcially after a hard day.. but it is oh so important, I think. Anywho, that's one goal I have this year- to truly SHOW how I feel and put action into the things I say. I am truly thankful to have an awesome husband so that needs to be emulated in the way I act. more. :)

    ReplyDelete