July 08, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Cheerios and Bluberries

Eating breakfast.  Getting ready to head to the airport.  All packed up.  I hate that 'I-feel-like-I'm-forgetting-something' feeling I always get when I travel.  I have that nervous feeling I always get before I fly.  Even though I'm totally NOT nervous about flying.  I've been flying sine I was seven.  Seriously.  This is no big deal.  Sad to leave my hubby here but know that I'm in God's will.  He wouldn't have put me here if I wasn't supposed to be.  I wouldn't have raised the money if HE hadn't wanted me to go.  I'm excited to get to know my team mate Jake.  I am looking forward to seeing New York.  Even if it is just from the airport.  Never been to New York.  Is it weird I'm excited to see New York when I'm going to Africa?  Oh well.  I'm obviously excited to see Africa too.  I feel in some ways like I've seen it through the pictures and video of Jeremiah, Levi, Matt & Tammy.  I'm ready to tell the stories of the kids, of my journey of the adventure through my photos and my writing. 
So friends, until I return... or maybe before... catch ya on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment